ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Review and provide legal advice on MOUs, Contracts, and similar documents.
- Review ongoing cases and advice management accordingly
- Liaise with relevant departments to ensure that where legal risks have been identified, appropriate courses of action have been taken.
- Review and advise management on legal implications of internal policies and procedures.
- Review and draft contracts, agreements and internal policies and ensure that they are in compliance with all statutory or legal requirements in the country where we work.
- Provide advice on trademarks, designs, patents and copyright matters, among others.
- Write and file trademark and design applications.
Input Required: 15-20 hours / week
Duration: At least two months
PREFERRED QUALIFICATION & SKILLS
- Completing 5-year law studies, or equivalent.
- Capacity to adapt and knowledge of a variety of law areas (e.g. law of new technologies, data protection and unfair competition law), intellectual property law and local regulatory law.
- Excellent communication, negotiation and diplomatic skills.
- Detail oriented, organised and the ability to deliver within deadlines.